13 Mar Still Open…for now!
Hello Dog Parents,
We want you to know that all three of our locations are currently staying OPEN to serve our customers. With that being said,we are monitoring the situation carefully out of concern for our staff and clients whom we consider our family and friends. Accordingly, we are following all CDC guidelines for avoiding spread of COVID-19 (and all flu bugs for that matter). An excellent resource for things we should all know, and actions we can all take to minimize risk of infection, is found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Here at Lucky Dog Bark & Brew, we are doing all we can to maintain a healthy, happy environment for our clients and their dogs including the following:
– We have always used top-of-the-line disinfectants and we thoroughly clean our entire center every day. We are adding additional cleanings, throughout the day, of door handles and other surfaces that are touched by multiple people.
– While we already have hand sanitizer stations in many places throughout our center, we have stocked additional sanitizers at our front desk and on the bar side for client and staff use.
– All staff have been instructed to stay home if they feel ill and seek medical attention if needed.
Our goal is to stay open as long as its safe. However we are monitoring this on the hour and this may change if needed. In the meantime, here is what we would like to ask of you, our clients, to ensure our community of dog friends stays healthy:
– Adhere to the recommendations of the CDC for minimizing transmission.
– Use the sanitizer stations often
– Wash your hands like you just cut up a jalapeno and need to take your contacts out. We have ample amounts of soap! (And toilet paper for that matter)
– PLEASE DO NOT COME TO OUR FACILITY IF YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE BEEN AROUND SOMEONE SICK!
– If you or a close family member with whom you have regular contact is sick, please stay home. If your dog is in our daycare or boarding program, please do not bring your dog on over yourself if you are feeling ill. You need to be home resting and it is best to limit the risk of exposure.
What about your dog and COVID-19?
To date, there is no evidence that dogs can catch or carry COVID-19. According to the CDC website: “There is no reason to think that any animal, including pets in the United States, might be a source of infection with this new coronavirus. To date, CDC has not received any reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19.” If you are concerned about your dog picking up and carrying germs from another dog, client, or one of our staff and bringing them home to you, we understand if you choose to keep your dog home until more is known about this troubling virus or until the local threat of it has passed.
More information about COVID-19 and pets can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/interim-guidance-managing-people-in-home-care-and-isolation-who-have-pets.html?fbclid=IwAR1S2FxHhrikMjY_RAknbwdRXsWRKgDlN9mG4FNhmwl_gyA8y9-SmHNVXEY
As we all navigate these times, we ask that all of us practice good habits and use good common sense. We want you to know that we here at Lucky Dog Bark & Brew are staying informed and being proactive in trying to keep our environment healthy, safe, and fun. As always, we welcome your input and suggestions and look forward to serving you!
Lucky Dog Bark and Brew
704.896.5550 – Lake Norman
704.333.4114 – Uptown Charlotte
704.583.4750 – Steele Creek