Lines for the Dog Bar and the Dog Park
These pickup lines are perfect to use in-person at the dog bar or over text. Try one that makes you laugh!
- Can I get you a tennis ball?
- You smell so familiar!
- Haven’t I sniffed you someplace before?
- Your doghouse or mine?
- There’s not a crate strong enough to keep me from you.
- Since chocolate is toxic to me, how about a little sugar?
- You’re one fine-looking mother-pupper.
- You make me want to be a more obedient dog.
- Is your tail always wagging, or are you just happy to see me?
- It was love at first sniff.
- You came back to this dog bar to see me, didn’t you?
- I’ve crossed all the dog parks in the world to find you.
- Want to play tug-of-war sometime?
- Your bark is contagious.
- I may not be Red Rover, but can I come over?
- Roses are gray, violets are gray, everything is gray because I’m a dog.
Howl you doin’?
- Are your paws tired? Because you’ve been chasing a frisbee through my mind all day!
- Yeah, I like to chase my tail, but I’d rather chase yours.
- You must be my backyard, because I really dig you.
- You’re looking quite fetching.
- Meeting you has given me a new leash on life.
- Did you win best in show? Because you look like a winner to me.
- A day with you is like an eternity of behind-the-ear scratches.
- You are what I call a hot dog!
- I must be behind on my vaccines, because I am lovesick.
- Do you believe in love at first sniff?
- I must have done something right because you’re a real treat!
Opening Lines for Dating Apps
Using a dating app and struggling to think of a good first message? If your match has a dog, give one of these openers a shot!
- I just gotta say, you and that dog are looking awfully fetching in your photos.
- Honestly, it was im-paws-ible not to swipe right on that photo of you and your dog. So cute!
- What do you say to you, me, and our dogs getting together sometime to raise the ruff?
- I may be more of a cat person, but for you, I’d be willing to go to the bark side.
- You love dogs. I love dogs. I think we may just be the paw-fect match.
- I don’t want to make the faux-paw of coming on strong, but your dog is so adorable, I couldn’t resist.
- I don’t normally make the first move, but there was just something dif-fur-ent about your photos.
- I love dogs, you love dogs, it’s just me or is there some real pet-tential here?
- Heya, howl you doin’? Yikes, sorry, that was a ruff start.
- Cute dog! I just wanted to take this op-paw-tunity to say hi!
- We seem to be into a lot of the same things, dogs included. We should get together sometime and see what we unleash.
- I know we’ve just swiped, but I see some real pet-tential here.
- Hi, when I saw the pic of your pup it was im-paws-ible not to swipe right.
- Just wanted to say hi to you and your adorable dog. I hope I’m not barking up the wrong tree. Sorry, that was ruff.
- Heya, I just wanted to take this op-paw-tunity to say how cute you and your dog look in your pics.
- Please fur-give me if I’m being too forward, but can I pet your dog?
- I’ve been swiping left non-stop, but when I saw that pic of you with your dog, I just had to paws.
- Wow, what a fetching photo! How could I possibly not say hello?
Jokes to Break the Ice
Are you a fan of pugs? What about puns?
Q: What is a dog’s favorite city?
A: New Yorkie!
Q: Which dog is very obedient?
A: A sit-bull terrier!
Q: What’s black and white and red all over?
A: An embarrassed Dalmatian!
Q: What do you call a magic dog?
A: A labra-cadabrador!
Q: What is the only kind of dog you can eat?
A: A hot dog!
Q: What do you get if you cross a cocker spaniel, a poodle and a rooster?
A: A cockerpoodledoo!
Q: What do you get if you cross a sheepdog with a rose?
A: A collie-flower!
Q: What do you call a large dog that meditates?
A: Aware wolf.
Q: What kind of dog does Dracula have?
A: A bloodhound!
Q: What did the hungry dalmatian say when he had a meal?
A: That hit the spots!
Q: How does a dog stop a VCR?
A: It presses the “paws” button!
Q: What dog will laugh at any joke?
A: A chi-ha-ha!
Q: Why are dalmatians no good at hide and seek?
A: They’re always spotted!
Q: What do you get when you cross a dog with a phone?
A: A golden receiver!
Q: What do you call a cold dog?
A: A chili dog!
Q: What do you call a frozen dog?
A: A pupsicle!
Q: What do my dog and my phone have in common?
A: They both have collar I.D.
Q: What do you get when you cross a dog and a calculator?
A: A friend you can count on.