If you’ve been out and about recently, you’ve probably noticed that a new type of bar has been popping up: dog bars.
No, no, not bars where your dog can order a beer and shoot the breeze with his friends.
So, what are they and how do they work? Dog bars are full-service bars that have both indoor and outdoor play yards that are entirely fenced in, which means your dog is free to run around and play with other dogs while you enjoy your adult beverages. What more could you ask for?
Why You NEED to Go to a Dog Bar
Besides being a fun new type of bar where you can hang out with your pals, a dog bar is also perfect for your dog. While you enjoy a drink, your dog has the opportunity to exercise and socialize. Think of it as the perfect spot to multitask—your dog burns off energy and gets to play with his friends while you relax. Plus, it’s a great place for you to meet like-minded people and expand your circle of friends!
Don’t Forget to Respect the Rules
While dog bars focus on fun, safety is always a priority. Setting rules and taking precautions is what allows you and other dog owners to relax and have a good time without worrying about your dog.
Keep these rules in mind when visiting Lucky Dog:
- Your dog MUST be spayed or neutered (unless younger than six months) to enter the facility.
- Your dog MUST be up-to-date on their shots and vaccines. If you do not bring copies of the vet records confirming this, you must sign a waiver to enter.
- Your dog MUST be vaccinated against rabies. If your dog is not old enough to be vaccinated against rabies, it is not old enough to be at the dog bar.
- You MUST be 21 or over – no exceptions! Be sure to bring a valid ID with you, as it will be required to enter. No children are permitted to enter unless they have fur and four legs.
- Do NOT feed your dog, bring food or treats for your dog, or feed any other dogs.
- No outside drinks of any kind are allowed on the premises.
- Absolutely no toys or balls, as these can trigger resource guarding behaviors among otherwise friendly dogs.
In order to keep everyone safe and keep the good time rolling, please make every effort to follow and respect the rules of any dog bar you visit!
Visit Charlotte’s Best Dog Bar
As popular and trendy as dog bars have recently become, Lucky Dog Bark and Brew has been doing it for more than nine years! We have locations on Thrift Road in Charlotte, South Lakes Drive in Charlotte, and Statesville Road in Cornelius. Bring your furry friend for a visit! We look forward to seeing you!